Havana, October 28 (RHC) -- Cuban First Vice President Miguel Díaz-Canel welcomed on Monday the visiting Executive Secretary of the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), Alicia Barcenas.
During their meeting, Barcenas praised Cuba's extraordinary contribution to the international battle against the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.
She also expressed interest in the results of the summit recently held in Havana on Ebola convened by the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our America (ALBA-TCP).
Other issues related to education and cooperation, as well as the state of the economic reforms underway in Cuba, were discussed at the meeting, which was also attended by the Minister of Foreign Trade and Investment, Rodrigo Malmierca.
- The nuclear phantom flies again
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with foreign ministry officials
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Aragón Orchestra)
- U.S. Congressional Delegation Visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4641
- today: 268
- online: 128
- total: 4361750