Guatemala City, November 11 (RHC)-- Cuban doctors working in Guatemala have saved over 290,000 people from November 1998 to date, according to a statement published Tuesday by health authorities.
Cuban doctors saved 9,544 Guatemalans from January to October 2014 and over 1.5 million people have been treated for different illnesses during the same period.
Experts considered a life has been saved when a patient improves his or her severe, critical health condition after the special treatment by health specialists, no matter what the diagnosis.
According to official reports, more than 37 million Guatemalans have consulted Cuban doctors in 16 years of collaboration in Guatemala. Cuban health specialists have operated over 134,000 cases of eye diseases through 'Operación Milagro' (Operation Miracle) humanitarian program in Guatemala.
Some 468 Cuban specialists are currently working in Guatemala, including 52 on Operation Miracle and 156 nurses.
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3957
- today: 3247
- online: 128
- total: 5237781