Cienfuegos, December 2 (RHC)-- Forty one French tourists were injured in a road accident on Monday as the bus in which they were traveling ran into another vehicle on the national highway in the south-central province of Cienfuegos.
Interior Ministry authorities said that an investigation is underway into the cause of the accident which took place when the tourist bus in route between Santa Clara and Varadero in western Matanzas clashed into another vehicle traveling in the same direction.
Following the accident, which also injured two Cubans, the area's medical emergency system offered attention to the injured at a healthcare center in the locality of Cartagena and at a hospital in the town of Aguada de Pasajeros.
Doctor Ivan Solis, director of health in the municipality of Rodas, told reporters that it took less than two hours to evacuate all the passengers to the health facilities.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4569
- today: 1028
- online: 179
- total: 3849641