Havana, December 3 (RHC) -– Cuban President Raul Castro received on Tuesday afternoon his counterpart from the Democratic Republic of Congo, Denis Sassou Nguesso, who recently arrived on an official visit to Cuba.
According to Granma newspaper, both leaders discussed the development of bilateral relations and economic cooperation, highlighting the commemoration this year of the 50th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations.
In this regard, they vowed to strengthen collaboration in all areas. The current Ebola pandemic in West Africa was also a central topic on the meeting's agenda.
Congolese Foreign Affairs Minister Basile Ikouébé and the country's ambassador to Cuba, Pascal Onguemby, took part in the meeting.
Cuban officials attending the meeting also included Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3367
- today: 832
- online: 103
- total: 4950496