Brasilia, December 19 (RHC-PL) -– Former Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva praised the decision of the Governments of Cuba and the United States to resume diplomatic relations while urging the U.S. Congress to end the blockade of Cuba.
"For more than 50 years, the world has expected this political gesture, which magnifies the Governments of Cuba and the United States", highlighted Lula da Silva, in a statement released today by the Institute, named after him.
"We now expect that U.S. Congress follows suit and ends the unjustifiable blockade that prevents the full development of the Cuban nation," he said -- adding: "The Brazilian people always dreamed and worked for this moment."
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 859
- online: 191
- total: 3834829