Brasilia, December 19 (RHC-PL) -– Former Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva praised the decision of the Governments of Cuba and the United States to resume diplomatic relations while urging the U.S. Congress to end the blockade of Cuba.
"For more than 50 years, the world has expected this political gesture, which magnifies the Governments of Cuba and the United States", highlighted Lula da Silva, in a statement released today by the Institute, named after him.
"We now expect that U.S. Congress follows suit and ends the unjustifiable blockade that prevents the full development of the Cuban nation," he said -- adding: "The Brazilian people always dreamed and worked for this moment."
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3641
- today: 1465
- online: 138
- total: 4460466