Brasilia, December 19 (RHC-PL) -– Former Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva praised the decision of the Governments of Cuba and the United States to resume diplomatic relations while urging the U.S. Congress to end the blockade of Cuba.
"For more than 50 years, the world has expected this political gesture, which magnifies the Governments of Cuba and the United States", highlighted Lula da Silva, in a statement released today by the Institute, named after him.
"We now expect that U.S. Congress follows suit and ends the unjustifiable blockade that prevents the full development of the Cuban nation," he said -- adding: "The Brazilian people always dreamed and worked for this moment."
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4133
- today: 1755
- online: 137
- total: 4937661