Havana, October 31 (RHC)-- Cuban and foreign experts are discussing the implications of the naval base that the United States maintains in the illegally occupied Cuban territory of Guantanamo.
The workshop entitled The 110-year old Guantanamo Base is addressing the the presence in Cuba of the US military, from the historic, political, legal, diplomatic and aesthetic perspectives.
The forum, organized by the Cuban History Institute, is being attended by Jonathan Hansen, US researcher at Harvard University and author of the book Guantanamo: an American History.
The workshop will review original documents pertaining to the treaties imposed by Washington on Cuba since the early 20th century, when the island was occupied by US troops as a condition to have formal independence.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 828
- online: 180
- total: 4088028