Beijing, January 10, (Xinhua-RHC), -- China will launch its first direct air route to the Caribbean on Sept. 28, according to an announcement by Air China.
Operated by Air China three times a week, the new route will fly from Beijing to Havana, with a stop to refuel in Montreal, marking a huge cut in travel time between China and the Caribbean.
Famous for their beautiful beaches, Caribbean countries have attracted more Chinese visitors in recent years. However, the long distance has forced Chinese travelers to transfer in Europe or Canada.
In 2013, the number of Chinese visitors to Cuba surpassed 22,200, up 18 percent compared with the previous year.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3618
- today: 747
- online: 172
- total: 4108475