Beijing, January 10, (Xinhua-RHC), -- China will launch its first direct air route to the Caribbean on Sept. 28, according to an announcement by Air China.
Operated by Air China three times a week, the new route will fly from Beijing to Havana, with a stop to refuel in Montreal, marking a huge cut in travel time between China and the Caribbean.
Famous for their beautiful beaches, Caribbean countries have attracted more Chinese visitors in recent years. However, the long distance has forced Chinese travelers to transfer in Europe or Canada.
In 2013, the number of Chinese visitors to Cuba surpassed 22,200, up 18 percent compared with the previous year.
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Spain attempts to banish the ghost of the tyrant Franco
- Puerto Rico: the resistance movements in the 21st century colony
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2698
- today: 2111
- online: 55
- total: 4923883