Cuba's Ambassador to Belarus Says Economic Partnership with Cuba Should Reach Level of Political Relations
Minsk, January 20 (RHC-BelTA) – Economic partnership between Belarus and Cuba should be at the same level of our excellent political relations, Cuban Ambassador to Belarus, Gerardo Suarez Alvarez, told a press conference in Minsk on Tuesday.
“2014 was a very successful year for the development of the relations between our countries. The current bilateral cooperation can be considered as strategic. Today we have a goal to make our economic partnership reach the level of political relations,” BelTA news agency quoted the diplomat as saying.
According to the ambassador, great political relations between the two countries were confirmed during the visit of Foreign Minister of Belarus Vladimir Makei to Cuba in June 2014. “The parties analyzed the need to enhance trade and economic cooperation and signed two important agreements, i.e. on bilateral trade and mutual recognition of pharmaceutical products and their supplies,” he said. According to the diplomat, both agreements have been already ratified by the Cuban government.
Gerardo Suarez Alvarez stressed that the mutual trade has increased to exceed $30 million USD, adding this trend will continue thanks to such agreements.
Over the last year Cuba, was visited by about three thousand Belarusian tourists, the Cuban Ambassador to Belarus told reporters. "Similar positive trends are also seen in the agriculture and industry sectors,” the Cuban official added.
We want to upgrade our transport fleets with Belarusian tractors and buses. Also, we plan cooperation in the field of biotechnology and pharmaceuticals. Cuba is also open to foreign investment."
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3625
- today: 974
- online: 116
- total: 5031245