Havana, January 27 (RHC) -– Representatives of Cuba and Spain launched a shipment of supplies to the island in order to support a solar project, sponsored by Spain´s Agency for International Cooperation (AECID).
The project will be implemented in the Guama municipality, in eastern Santiago de Cuba province and it will operate water pumps fueled with solar energy.
The initiative is being carried out by Spain's SoDePaz and Cuba's Cubasolar non-governmental organizations, based on solar panels provided by companies from the Spanish region of Colmenar Viejo, 30 kilometers from the capital Madrid. The project also includes solar facilities for home lighting in rural areas.
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3641
- today: 3112
- online: 94
- total: 4462113