Havana, January 27 (RHC) -– Representatives of Cuba and Spain launched a shipment of supplies to the island in order to support a solar project, sponsored by Spain´s Agency for International Cooperation (AECID).
The project will be implemented in the Guama municipality, in eastern Santiago de Cuba province and it will operate water pumps fueled with solar energy.
The initiative is being carried out by Spain's SoDePaz and Cuba's Cubasolar non-governmental organizations, based on solar panels provided by companies from the Spanish region of Colmenar Viejo, 30 kilometers from the capital Madrid. The project also includes solar facilities for home lighting in rural areas.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4569
- today: 1221
- online: 158
- total: 3849834