Havana, January 27 (RHC) -– Some 483,396 Cubans were reported as self-employees early this year -- 4,445 more than in December.
Of the total, 65 percent of the non-State workers are found in the provinces of Havana, Matanzas, central Villa Clara, and eastern Camaguey, Holguin and Santiago de Cuba.
Most jobs are in the areas of catering, cargo and passenger transportation, house rentals, and telecommunications agents.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3797
- today: 3749
- online: 105
- total: 4377871