Havana, January 27 (RHC) -– Some 483,396 Cubans were reported as self-employees early this year -- 4,445 more than in December.
Of the total, 65 percent of the non-State workers are found in the provinces of Havana, Matanzas, central Villa Clara, and eastern Camaguey, Holguin and Santiago de Cuba.
Most jobs are in the areas of catering, cargo and passenger transportation, house rentals, and telecommunications agents.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3919
- today: 3050
- online: 121
- total: 4837703