Havana, February 3 (RHC-acn)-- “I am the first Norwegian Foreign Minister to visit Cuba and it makes me very proud,” said Borge Brende after meeting with his Cuban counterpart Bruno Rodriguez in Havana.
The two diplomats met at the Cuban Foreign Ministry where they discussed bilateral relations and the potential to improve them.
Rodriguez welcomed Brende, pointing out that this visit has great significance and marks a new beginning for the two governments.
The Cuban diplomat recalled the fruitful joint work carried out by the two countries in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake and said there is a will to deepen relations in other fields, such as in education and culture.
Cuba and Norway established diplomatic relations in 1961.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 3668
- online: 100
- total: 4842112