Havana, February 3 (RHC-acn)-- “I am the first Norwegian Foreign Minister to visit Cuba and it makes me very proud,” said Borge Brende after meeting with his Cuban counterpart Bruno Rodriguez in Havana.
The two diplomats met at the Cuban Foreign Ministry where they discussed bilateral relations and the potential to improve them.
Rodriguez welcomed Brende, pointing out that this visit has great significance and marks a new beginning for the two governments.
The Cuban diplomat recalled the fruitful joint work carried out by the two countries in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake and said there is a will to deepen relations in other fields, such as in education and culture.
Cuba and Norway established diplomatic relations in 1961.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4441
- today: 4565
- online: 242
- total: 3833712