Caracas, February 9 (RHC) -– Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro highlighted the role of Cuban workers in his country, particularly those in the field of healthcare.
While launching a social program for Venezuelan families at the presidential palace of Miraflores, Maduro thanked Cuban workers and sent greetings to Cuban Revolution leader Fidel Castro, as well as President Raul Castro.
The new social program aims to help Venezuelan families in extreme poverty, and it includes a national survey of 1,500 poor communities regarding social protection programs offering food, education, culture, sports and health services.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3948
- today: 1617
- online: 120
- total: 4832351