Havana, February 10 (RHC),-- The 35th Caribbean Festival will take place July 3rd through the 9th in the eastern province of Santiago de Cuba.
The organizing committee announced at a press conference Monday in Havana that this year's event will be dedicated to The Bahamas, whose confirmed large delegation will include exponents of the country's main cultural expressions and traditions, among them literature, theatre, traditional food and drinks, folk and modern dance and music.
Also known as the Caribbean Fire Festival, the event is organized by the Santiago de Cuba-based Casa del Caribe. It includes an exciting array of performances, exhibitions, workshops and street activities.
Delegations from 14 countries, comprising more than 9 hundred foreign artists and intellectuals, have already confirmed their attendance at this year's 35th Caribbean Festival, which will also pay tribute to Santiago de Cuba on its 500th anniversary. Founded on July 25, 1515 by Spanish conqueror Diego Velázquez, Santiago de Cuba was the sixth Cuban township and the country’s first capital.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3948
- today: 3266
- online: 118
- total: 4834000