Moscow, February 11 (RHC) -- The Minister of Defense of Russia, Sergei Shoigu, will pay a working visit to Cuba, a ministry spokesman said.
The visit is part of a three-leg Latin American tour, also including Nicaragua and Venezuela where the Shoigu first arrived today.
Igor Konashenkov, spokesman for the ministry, said the common denominator of this tour will be current issues of military-technical cooperation, and exchange of views on key issues of regional and global security.
Konashénkov said that Moscow maintains an active cooperation in this area, specially with those three Latin American states, whose security forces use mainly Russian made military technology, a feature that provides broad market prospects for the Eurasian nation.
Among other issues to be discussed is the employment with logistical purposes of local ports and airports by the Navy and Air Force of Russia, during global patrol missions, the representative said.
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3909
- today: 1656
- online: 140
- total: 4479245