Moscow, February 11 (RHC) -- The Minister of Defense of Russia, Sergei Shoigu, will pay a working visit to Cuba, a ministry spokesman said.
The visit is part of a three-leg Latin American tour, also including Nicaragua and Venezuela where the Shoigu first arrived today.
Igor Konashenkov, spokesman for the ministry, said the common denominator of this tour will be current issues of military-technical cooperation, and exchange of views on key issues of regional and global security.
Konashénkov said that Moscow maintains an active cooperation in this area, specially with those three Latin American states, whose security forces use mainly Russian made military technology, a feature that provides broad market prospects for the Eurasian nation.
Among other issues to be discussed is the employment with logistical purposes of local ports and airports by the Navy and Air Force of Russia, during global patrol missions, the representative said.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4903
- today: 1066
- online: 149
- total: 3862830