Panama, February 14 (RHC) -- The Trade Union and Social Alternative Summit, to be held in Panama in April, will discuss key issues including the U.S. blockade on Cuba, according to reports from Panama City.
Labor organizations and social movements from Panama agreed unanimously to call for the meeting, which will be held on the 10th and 11th of April, parallel to the Summit of the Americas, which will be attended by Heads of State and Government of the 35 member
countries in the region.
This Summit of the Americas will also see Cuba attend, after decades of exclusion from the U.S.-sponsored meeting. The development follows the unanimous desire of Latin American and Caribbean leaders to see Cuba attend the meeting.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3691
- today: 3992
- online: 194
- total: 4082473