Havana, February 17 (RHC)-- The 24th International Book Fair in Havana honored on Monday Cuban scientist Carlos J. Finlay on the 100th anniversary of his death and Spanish writer Miguel de Cervantes for the 400th anniversary of the publishing of The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha's second volume.
The Cuban book fair received thousands of visitors on Monday at La Cabaña Fortress and other venues in Havana's El Vedado neighborhood. Young writers from Latin America and the Caribbean began their traditional meeting at Dulce María Loynaz Cultural Center.
The book fair scheduled an intense program of activities on Tuesday in Havana's El Vedado neighborhood. The colloquium “No one Surrenders Here! Journalism and Literature in Defense of the Five” opened the events on Tuesday at La Cabaña Fortress' Nicolás Guillén Hall.
La Cabaña Fortress' José A. Portuondo Hall hosts the presentation of the “Diccionario de cualidades, defectos y otros males del cubano” by Fernando Carr. Venezuelan writer Luis Britto, ALBA Letters Award winner, was invited to attend the program “Encuentro con...” (Meeting with...).
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Brazilians demand full investigation of Marielle Franco's assassination
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3770
- today: 3843
- online: 111
- total: 4473590