Belgrade, February 25 (RHC) -- Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic on Wednesday received Cuban Ambassador in Belgrade Adela Mayra Ruiz Garcia, the official Tanjug news agency reported.
The diplomat underscored during the conversation that Cuba will continue to back Serbia's position on Kosovo and Metohija.
"That is a matter of principles, and in relation to that, nothing will change in Cuba's policy," Ruiz Garcia said, thanking Nikolic for Serbia's support in the UN General Assembly, the president's press office stated.
Speaking about a thaw in Cuba-U.S. relations, Nikolic and Ruiz Garcia "agreed that this is the process that is good for Latin American countries, which could also facilitate the development of the economic cooperation between Cuba and Serbia."
Nikolic voiced the hope that conditions would soon be created for the cooperation between Cuban and Serbian companies to improve considerably, to the benefit of both countries. The Cuban ambassador "once again invited President Nikolic to visit Cuba soon," the statement said.
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3909
- today: 3096
- online: 130
- total: 4480685