Bayamo, November 6 (RHC)-- At a ceremony held in Bayamo last night, Cuban First Vice President, Miguel Díaz-Canel praised its citizens who have cherished and further developed the national pride for the past half century.
Diaz-Canel said in his speech that the celebration of the 500th anniversary of the foundation of Bayamo was a feast of history and culture. The sense of dignity, loyalty and patriotic vocation of its people, has been seen in the history of the Cuban Nation since its founding.
A special guest at the ceremony was Havana City Historian Eusebio Leal. He delighted all present with a detailed review of historic facts about the city and the epic chapters in the history of the nation's long route and struggle towards final independence.
A special session of the local Government paid tribute to Bayamo natives, such as Jorge Berlanga, the discoverer of the world-famous pharmaceutical product Heberprot P, that effectively saves from amputation the feet of diabetic patients.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4441
- today: 4195
- online: 202
- total: 3833342