Bayamo, November 6 (RHC)-- At a ceremony held in Bayamo last night, Cuban First Vice President, Miguel Díaz-Canel praised its citizens who have cherished and further developed the national pride for the past half century.
Diaz-Canel said in his speech that the celebration of the 500th anniversary of the foundation of Bayamo was a feast of history and culture. The sense of dignity, loyalty and patriotic vocation of its people, has been seen in the history of the Cuban Nation since its founding.
A special guest at the ceremony was Havana City Historian Eusebio Leal. He delighted all present with a detailed review of historic facts about the city and the epic chapters in the history of the nation's long route and struggle towards final independence.
A special session of the local Government paid tribute to Bayamo natives, such as Jorge Berlanga, the discoverer of the world-famous pharmaceutical product Heberprot P, that effectively saves from amputation the feet of diabetic patients.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Vladimir Putin will lead Russia through 2024
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3491
- today: 3413
- online: 104
- total: 4469390