Havana, March 2 (RHC) -– Sales of Cuban premium cigars or Habanos have significantly increased in the Asia Pacific region, according to information released at the Habana Cigar Festival.
Fresh research papers released by Habanos SA executives at the recently concluded event show that sales of the Habanos brands in Asia accounted for 14 percent of the commercial activity of the company in the year 2014.
Executives say Habanos SA is present in 80 percent of the world's market with the big exception of the United States, due to its economic blockade that bans Cuban export products.
As an example of this trend, La Casa del Habano, the international franchise of Habano S.A., opened its latest store in Macau last September, as part of a development plan that will see new outlets pop up in different Asian cities, mainly in China.
- Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves on Fidel Castro
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Nicaraguan University Grants Posthumous Honorary Doctorate to Fidel Castro
- New Elections in Germany?
- Cuba Says EU Sanctions Are Foreign Interference in Venezuela
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4687
- today: 4748
- online: 178
- total: 4007828