Havana, March 4 (RHC) -– The Cuban Association of the United Nations – the ACNU - will hold a ceremony in Havana tomorrow to honor the memory of the late Bolivarian Leader Hugo Chàvez.
Radio Havana Cuba journalist Pedro Martìnez Pìrez, Head of the Press Commission of ACNU, told reporters that the ceremony will be co-sponsored by the Radio Announcers Section of the Cuban Union of Writers and Artists, on the occasion of the second anniversary of the death of the Venezuelan Leader, who passed away on March 5th, 2013.
Martìnez Pìrez said that during the ceremony, participants will
hear statements by Hugo Chavez about the first time he listened to Radio Havana Cuba and heard the voice of the leader of the Cuban
Revolution, Fidel Castro.
On June 10, 2010, at the Second National Scientific Meeting of Radio Announcers, Cuba proposed to the Hispanic American Federation of Radio Announcers to name Hugo Chavez as honorary Chair of that organization. The initiative was unanimously approved by Cuban and foreign delegates attending the meeting.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4683
- today: 4633
- online: 171
- total: 6650674