Havana, March 5 (RHC) -- Today marks two years since the passing of former Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and several tributes and memorial events are being held across the island to pay tribute to Cuba's “best friend” –- as Revolution Leader Fidel Castro once called him.
Students gather to pay tribute to Chavez at the University of Havana's Ignacio Agramonte Plaza. Also, the Cuban Foreign Ministry announced a commemorative activity to remember Chavez' life and legacy. The event will be attended by the Venezuelan ambassador to Havana.
A commemorate gala will be also held tonight at La Cabaña Historic-Military Complex, organized by the "Amigos del Amigo" project, where a panel on the role of women in Venezuela will also take place.
And another commemorative event will be held at the Cuban Association of the United Nations, the ACNU, led by Pedro Martinez Pirez, Deputy Director of Radio Havana Cuba.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3400
- today: 2569
- online: 139
- total: 4930272