Havana, March 5 (RHC) -- Today marks two years since the passing of former Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and several tributes and memorial events are being held across the island to pay tribute to Cuba's “best friend” –- as Revolution Leader Fidel Castro once called him.
Students gather to pay tribute to Chavez at the University of Havana's Ignacio Agramonte Plaza. Also, the Cuban Foreign Ministry announced a commemorative activity to remember Chavez' life and legacy. The event will be attended by the Venezuelan ambassador to Havana.
A commemorate gala will be also held tonight at La Cabaña Historic-Military Complex, organized by the "Amigos del Amigo" project, where a panel on the role of women in Venezuela will also take place.
And another commemorative event will be held at the Cuban Association of the United Nations, the ACNU, led by Pedro Martinez Pirez, Deputy Director of Radio Havana Cuba.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 290
- online: 200
- total: 3857151