Havana, March 5 (RHC) -- Today marks two years since the passing of former Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and several tributes and memorial events are being held across the island to pay tribute to Cuba's “best friend” –- as Revolution Leader Fidel Castro once called him.
Students gather to pay tribute to Chavez at the University of Havana's Ignacio Agramonte Plaza. Also, the Cuban Foreign Ministry announced a commemorative activity to remember Chavez' life and legacy. The event will be attended by the Venezuelan ambassador to Havana.
A commemorate gala will be also held tonight at La Cabaña Historic-Military Complex, organized by the "Amigos del Amigo" project, where a panel on the role of women in Venezuela will also take place.
And another commemorative event will be held at the Cuban Association of the United Nations, the ACNU, led by Pedro Martinez Pirez, Deputy Director of Radio Havana Cuba.
- Cuba Holds President Donald Trump Responsible for Setback in Bilateral Migratory Relations
- Pope Francisco Returns to Latin America
- Cuban and U.S. Representatives Hold Meeting on Cyber-security and the Fight against Cyber-crimes
- Cuba Celebrates National Science Day
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4812
- today: 2758
- online: 195
- total: 4218852