Caracas, March 17 (RHC) -- Cuban President Raul Castro reiterated Cuba’s unconditional support to the Bolivarian Revolution in Venezuela, in the face of the growing threat that represent Washington’s hostility towards the government of President Nicolas Maduro.
Speaking at an extraordinary summit of heads of state of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of our America (ALBA) regional bloc, Raul Castro warned that the recent labelling of Venezuela as a threat to US national security by President Barack Obama put security in the region at great risk.
He also extolled the response of Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro to Washington's unjustified aggression. “You cannot intimidate Cuba, nor seduce Venezuela. We’ll not tolerate any interference, and we’ll close ranks with Venezuela and ALBA. Our principles are not negotiable,” the Cuban president stressed.
The Cuban head of state also called on the ALBA and CELAC regional blocs to fully back the Venezuelan stance, and urged regional governments and peoples to mobilize in support of Venezuela.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4940
- today: 4239
- online: 147
- total: 6738472