Caracas, March 17 (RHC) -- Cuban President Raul Castro reiterated Cuba’s unconditional support to the Bolivarian Revolution in Venezuela, in the face of the growing threat that represent Washington’s hostility towards the government of President Nicolas Maduro.
Speaking at an extraordinary summit of heads of state of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of our America (ALBA) regional bloc, Raul Castro warned that the recent labelling of Venezuela as a threat to US national security by President Barack Obama put security in the region at great risk.
He also extolled the response of Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro to Washington's unjustified aggression. “You cannot intimidate Cuba, nor seduce Venezuela. We’ll not tolerate any interference, and we’ll close ranks with Venezuela and ALBA. Our principles are not negotiable,” the Cuban president stressed.
The Cuban head of state also called on the ALBA and CELAC regional blocs to fully back the Venezuelan stance, and urged regional governments and peoples to mobilize in support of Venezuela.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3693
- today: 1955
- online: 111
- total: 4844092