HAVANA, Cuba, Apr 4, (RHC), -- The Cuban Academy of Sciences (ACC) has a new Corresponding Member, Doctor of Sciences Mark Rasenick, a distinguished Professor of Physiology, Biophysics and Psychiatry at the University of Illinois, Chicago, U.S.A.
The U.S. Doctor obtained the unanimous vote of his Cuban colleagues in the most recent plenary meeting of the Cuban Academy, which gives this category to foreign non-resident personalities for their outstanding contribution to scientific development.
Rasenick’s name was proposed at the meeting by Doctor of Sciences Pedro Valdes, deputy general director of the Cuban Center for Neurosciences, who argued about his research results.
Among them, he mentioned the G protein signaling and cytoskeleton, and its relationship with neurodegenerative disorders, mood and normal functioning of the human brain.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3914
- today: 1367
- online: 169
- total: 4105477