Vatican City, April 22 (RHC) -– Pope Francis will visit Cuba before his trip to the United States in September, the Vatican announced on Wednesday.
Father Federico Lombardi, director of the Holy See press office, confirmed that Pope Francis had "received and accepted the invitation from the civil authorities and bishops of Cuba" and "decided to pay a visit to the island before his arrival to the United States."
The last pontiff to visit Cuba was Francis' predecessor, Pope Benedict.
- Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez Confirms Cuba's Solidarity with Venezuela
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Norwegians Tell Mr. Trump: "No, Thanks!"
- RHC's Segment 'Focus on Africa'
- Candidates for National and Provincial Assemblies Nominated in Cuba
- Cuba and the U.S. Exchange on Combat against Illicit Drug Trafficking
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3636
- today: 3732
- online: 173
- total: 4240973