Vatican City, April 22 (RHC) -– Pope Francis will visit Cuba before his trip to the United States in September, the Vatican announced on Wednesday.
Father Federico Lombardi, director of the Holy See press office, confirmed that Pope Francis had "received and accepted the invitation from the civil authorities and bishops of Cuba" and "decided to pay a visit to the island before his arrival to the United States."
The last pontiff to visit Cuba was Francis' predecessor, Pope Benedict.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3332
- today: 3000
- online: 122
- total: 5252336