Vatican City, April 22 (RHC) -– Pope Francis will visit Cuba before his trip to the United States in September, the Vatican announced on Wednesday.
Father Federico Lombardi, director of the Holy See press office, confirmed that Pope Francis had "received and accepted the invitation from the civil authorities and bishops of Cuba" and "decided to pay a visit to the island before his arrival to the United States."
The last pontiff to visit Cuba was Francis' predecessor, Pope Benedict.
- Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro fulfills busy agenda in Cuba
- Raul Castro expresses full confidence in Miguel Diaz Canel
- Congratulations continue pouring in on election of Miguel Díaz-Canel as Cuba's President
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez elected Cuba's New President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3594
- today: 3064
- online: 90
- total: 4600965