Havana, October 1 (RHC) -- Cuban President Raul Castro held talks on Monday with His Excellency Mr. Yukiya Amano, Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), who pays an official visit to Cuba.
During the encounter, both leader hailed the status of links between the IAEA and Cuba and discussed issues of international relevance, as well as those related to the promotion of cooperation in the use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.
The distinguished visitor was accompanied His Excellency Luis Carlos Longoria Gandara, director of the Latin American Division of the Department of Technical Cooperation of the IAEA. On the Cuban side was present Marcelino Medina, Acting Foreign Minister.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2961
- today: 1251
- online: 125
- total: 5048550