Havana, April 30 (RHC) -– Nearly one million Cubans are expected to march on tomorrow at Havana's Revolution Square, main venue of the celebration for International Workers' Day.
The huge march will open with a bloc of health professionals.
Also leading the celebration will be the members of the Cuban Five, who reunited with their families in December, after the United States and Cuba agreed to restore diplomatic ties, leading to their release from jail following some 16 years of unjust imprisonment.
This year's parade through the capital and major cities in the island's 14 provinces will take place under the banner "United in the Construction of Socialism."
In addition, more than 1,800 representatives from 192 unions or social organizations from 68 countries are set to take part in Cuba's International Workers' Day celebrations.
- Jazz Place
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: No one is going to take from us the confidence in the future which we owe our children
- Imperialism and Revolution / Program 8
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba works toward perfecting its political system
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 9
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3423
- today: 3094
- online: 163
- total: 6481420