Ho Chi Minh City, May 2 (RHC) – Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung held tlaks on Friday with José Ramón Balaguer, member of the secretariat of the Central Committee of Cuba's Communist Party.
Balaguer was in Vietnam to attend celebrations for the 40th anniversary of Vietnamese Reunification and the end of the Vietnam War.
At the meeting, Nguyen highlighted the support provided by several countries to Vietnam during the war, pointing to the important role of Cuba.
For his part, Balaguer stressed the unbreakable links of friendship and solidarity uniting both nations and the common challenges faced in the construction of a prosperous society under socialism.
Earlier, the Cuban official had met with Hoang Binh Qua, Foreign Relations Chief of Vietnam's Communist Party, as well as the Standing Deputy Secretary of the Ho Chi Minh City’s Party Committee, Vo Van Thuong.
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Cuba presents business opportunities in oil and energy sector
- Fidel: The Caribbean is an example of how peoples and governments can work together united by culture, history and common interests
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Ireland, a stone in the brexit shoe
- Havana hosts conference on climate change vulnerability and resilience in the Caribbean
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3235
- today: 483
- online: 92
- total: 5424694