Guantanamo, May 14 (RHC) -- Local government in the Cuban province of Guantanamo has activated special measures due to severe drought affecting the eastern territory.
Nancy Acosta, president of the Provincial Assembly of the People's Power, told reporters that the current situation is critical and the province is taking some urgent measures to lessen the effects on the population.
Measures include restricted water supply to large consumers, planned cuts in the general water supply, and awareness campaigns directed at fostering water saving.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 566
- online: 86
- total: 5862339