Guantanamo, May 14 (RHC) -- Local government in the Cuban province of Guantanamo has activated special measures due to severe drought affecting the eastern territory.
Nancy Acosta, president of the Provincial Assembly of the People's Power, told reporters that the current situation is critical and the province is taking some urgent measures to lessen the effects on the population.
Measures include restricted water supply to large consumers, planned cuts in the general water supply, and awareness campaigns directed at fostering water saving.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3811
- today: 2634
- online: 137
- total: 6139962