Havana, May 14 (RHC) -- The arrival of tourists at Cuba's famous Varadero beach resort was up six percent by late April, according to the Ministry of Tourism, MINTUR.
Canadians accounted for nearly 44 percent of visitors, while Germany was the second most popular source of tourists, said tourism representatives in the western province of Matanzas, where the beach resort is located.
Varadero, on the northern coast of Matanzas about 140 km (87 miles) east of Havana, has 51 hotels with more than 20,000 rooms, and has welcomed more than one million foreign tourists in every year since 2008, around 44 percent of all visitors to the Caribbean country.
This year, Cuba expects more foreign tourists and income than in 2014, when more than three million visitors spent more than $2.7 billion, according to data reported at this month's International Tourism Fair 'FitCuba.'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3367
- today: 2534
- online: 120
- total: 4952198