Havana, May 20, (RHC), – Eminent Puerto Rican actor and producer Benicio del Toro called on the United States and Cuba to speed up the process to normalize relations.
Speaking to the Guardian during the Cannes Film Festival, Del Toro stressed the need to end the US economic blockade on Cuba, as one of the main issues for the development of this process.
“It’s going to take time,” the Oscar-winning Puerto Rican actor said. “But once it starts, it’s got to move. It’s going to benefit both countries and their people. I was in Cuba not long ago and people were happy about the possibilities.”
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 1931
- online: 112
- total: 5958547