Havana, May 20, (RHC), – Eminent Puerto Rican actor and producer Benicio del Toro called on the United States and Cuba to speed up the process to normalize relations.
Speaking to the Guardian during the Cannes Film Festival, Del Toro stressed the need to end the US economic blockade on Cuba, as one of the main issues for the development of this process.
“It’s going to take time,” the Oscar-winning Puerto Rican actor said. “But once it starts, it’s got to move. It’s going to benefit both countries and their people. I was in Cuba not long ago and people were happy about the possibilities.”
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3635
- today: 2812
- online: 158
- total: 5040342