Havana, May 20, (RHC), – Eminent Puerto Rican actor and producer Benicio del Toro called on the United States and Cuba to speed up the process to normalize relations.
Speaking to the Guardian during the Cannes Film Festival, Del Toro stressed the need to end the US economic blockade on Cuba, as one of the main issues for the development of this process.
“It’s going to take time,” the Oscar-winning Puerto Rican actor said. “But once it starts, it’s got to move. It’s going to benefit both countries and their people. I was in Cuba not long ago and people were happy about the possibilities.”
- Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro fulfills busy agenda in Cuba
- Raul Castro expresses full confidence in Miguel Diaz Canel
- Congratulations continue pouring in on election of Miguel Díaz-Canel as Cuba's President
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez elected Cuba's New President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3594
- today: 1202
- online: 86
- total: 4599103