Havana, May 20, (RHC), – Eminent Puerto Rican actor and producer Benicio del Toro called on the United States and Cuba to speed up the process to normalize relations.
Speaking to the Guardian during the Cannes Film Festival, Del Toro stressed the need to end the US economic blockade on Cuba, as one of the main issues for the development of this process.
“It’s going to take time,” the Oscar-winning Puerto Rican actor said. “But once it starts, it’s got to move. It’s going to benefit both countries and their people. I was in Cuba not long ago and people were happy about the possibilities.”
- RHC's national and international news stories
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 7
- Attacks on Saudi Arabia sparks tension in the Middle East
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 17
- Havana to host Anti-imperialist Meeting of Solidarity, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3981
- today: 3630
- online: 149
- total: 6375673