Havana, May 20 (RHC)-- An exhibition comprising some one hundred art pieces of the Bronx Museum of the Arts collection in New York opened on Wednesday in Havana.
Works of art by 54 U.S. artists are on display at Havana's National Museum of Fine Arts, the largest exchange of this type ever between a Cuban and a foreign museum.
The exhibition gives visitors, Cubans and foreigners alike, a unique opportunity to appreciate the work of some of the best authors of American contemporary art.
Speaking to reporters in Havana, Holly Block, the Director of the Bronx Museum of the Arts, said this exhibition in the Cuban capital is 'a dream come true.'
An initiative of prestigious Cuban curator Corina Matamoros, the cultural cooperation project between Cuba and the United States also includes an exhibition of some one hundred Cuban art works at the Bronx Museum of the Arts, in New York, in 2016.
From the collection of Cuba's National Museum of Fine Arts, the exhibit will include works by Cuban artists of the late 20th century.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Vladimir Putin will lead Russia through 2024
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3770
- today: 150
- online: 106
- total: 4469897