United Nations, November 14 (RHC)-- Cuba called on UN member states to protect the Human Right Council from manipulation and from selective and double-standard practices in order to preserve respectful dialog and cooperation within the UN body.
We must prevent the repetition of negative practices that have plunged the former Human Rights Commission into discredit, said Cuban representative at the UN General Assembly Rodolfo Reyes.
Seven years ago, the UN Human Rights Commission was replaced by the current 47-member strong Council with the expectation that confrontational and selective attacks against developing nations would be brought to an end.
For Cuba the Universal Periodical Review is consolidating now as the only mechanism that provides integral analysis of human rights situations in all countries. This mechanism has proven to serve international cooperation in terms of human rights on the basis of constructive dialog and respect for the principles of universality, objectivity, impartiality and non-selectivity.
The Cuban diplomat expressed his gratitude to the international community for the recent election of his country as a member of the Human Rights Council.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 6, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 06, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 05, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 4, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 04, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6554
- today: 333
- online: 187
- total: 8098781