Havana, November 14 (RHC)-- The Coordinator of the International Committee for the Freedom of the Five, Alicia Jrapko, called for more action to influence and educate U.S. public opinion about the Cuban Five cause, because, she said, the strength of the U.S. people could lead to success, which she illustrated with the acquittal granted by former President Bill Clinton to ex-prisoner Linda Evans.
Jrapko made her statements at the opening session of the 9th International Colloquium for the Release of the Five and against Terrorism, underway in Holguin, located in eastern Cubal.
In an evaluation of the work done over the past year, participants agreed that the major action was the Second Five Days for the Five Campaign in Washington, which was attended by activists from around the world who demonstrated in front of the White House and met with US congress people on the case.
They also acknowledged the support given to activities within the United States for the release of the Five by European solidarity organizations, particularly from Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland and the UK
We will bring you more on the International Colloquium for the Five, during the second-half hour of our programming on “Breaking the Silence.”
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3318
- today: 416
- online: 102
- total: 5954022