San Salvador, May 23 (RHC)-- Salvadoran President Salvador Sánchez Cerén met Friday afternoon with visiting Cuban First Vice President Miguel Díaz-Canel, who is in the Central American country and heading the Cuban delegation to the beatification ceremony of Monsignor Oscar Arnulfo Romero.
In a press release posted on the official website of the Salvadoran government, the country's Foreign Minister Hugo Martínez stressed that during the meeting the two dignitaries discussed bilateral cooperation and reviewed preparations for the upcoming visit of the Salvadoran head of state to Cuba.
Prior to his meeting with President Sánchez Cerén, the Cuban first vice president visited the crypt of Monsignor Oscar Arnulfo Romero, located at San Salvador's Cathedral, and also paid homage to the historic leader of the Farabundo Martí National Liberation Front (FMLN), Shafik Handal.
Cuban First Vice President Diaz-Canel arrived in the capital of El Salvador on Friday. Speaking with reporters upon his arrival, he conveyed a warm message of friendship to the Salvadoran people on behalf of Revolution leader Fidel Castro, President Raúl Castro and the entire Cuban people.
- RHC's national and international news stories
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 7
- Attacks on Saudi Arabia sparks tension in the Middle East
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 17
- Havana to host Anti-imperialist Meeting of Solidarity, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3981
- today: 2993
- online: 130
- total: 6375036