Havana, October 1 (RHC)-- One of the major problems facing agriculture world-wide is the accelerated degradation of soils, a fact that openly works against food production in meeting the needs of the world population.
A reputed international expert on soil protection has just praised Cuba's activities in this field. Ronald Vargas, General Secretary of the World Alliance for Soils noted that Cuban scientists have accumulated valuable experience in an area closely linked to the production of foodstuffs.
The representative of the Alliance, which is a mechanism of the United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization, is visiting Cuba to attend a Regional Workshop on Soils.
Cuba's work in this field is supported by its research institute, which is providing technical and scientific information for the protection and enhancement of soil management.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3919
- today: 613
- online: 116
- total: 4835266