Havana, October 1 (RHC)-- One of the major problems facing agriculture world-wide is the accelerated degradation of soils, a fact that openly works against food production in meeting the needs of the world population.
A reputed international expert on soil protection has just praised Cuba's activities in this field. Ronald Vargas, General Secretary of the World Alliance for Soils noted that Cuban scientists have accumulated valuable experience in an area closely linked to the production of foodstuffs.
The representative of the Alliance, which is a mechanism of the United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization, is visiting Cuba to attend a Regional Workshop on Soils.
Cuba's work in this field is supported by its research institute, which is providing technical and scientific information for the protection and enhancement of soil management.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 1429
- online: 149
- total: 4088629