Santo Domingo, June 4 (RHC)-- The 8th Continental Encounter in Solidarity with Cuba will take place July 28th through the 30th in Santo Domingo, the Dominican Republic.
The spokesperson with the event's organizing committee, Ivan Rodriguez, told Prensa Latina news agency that the forum follows up on actions in support of Cuba against the U.S. economic blockade, which is still in force despite ongoing talks between Washington and Havana to reestablish full diplomatic relations.
The participants at the forum include representatives of local and national solidarity committees, friends, intellectuals and members of social, political organizations of other movements.
Cuba's ambassador to Santo Domingo, Carlos de la Nuez, thanked the Dominican solidarity movement and Latin American friends for the
initiative in support of his country.
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 18
- With Alicia's death, the dance community has lost a genuine and true icon
- Notes on the Revolution / Column 20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 17
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3481
- today: 1108
- online: 113
- total: 6503049