Havana, June 5 (RHC) -– Today, June 5th, Cubans throughout the country are celebrating World Environment Day with a series of cultural and academic events.
The main event for the date was held in the province of Artemisa, where several personalities and organizations were recognized for their contribution to environmental preservation and the promotion of social responsibility regarding the environment. The western Cuban province was selected this year to host the festivities due to its leading efforts and achievements in this sphere, a government official said.
The increase of forestland areas by 20 percent, the decrease of forest fires and the designation of new protected areas are among the achievements of Artemisa province.
- Cuban president meets with Belize's prime minister
- Bolivian ambassador: division among regional countries only serves the imperialist, hegemonic interests of the United States
- Foreign minister: protecting the interests, well-being and personal integrity of Cubans will continue to be priorities of our country’s foreign policy
- RHC's segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- CEPAL: extreme poverty grows in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3202
- today: 1181
- online: 127
- total: 5542160