Havana, June 5 (RHC) -– Today, June 5th, Cubans throughout the country are celebrating World Environment Day with a series of cultural and academic events.
The main event for the date was held in the province of Artemisa, where several personalities and organizations were recognized for their contribution to environmental preservation and the promotion of social responsibility regarding the environment. The western Cuban province was selected this year to host the festivities due to its leading efforts and achievements in this sphere, a government official said.
The increase of forestland areas by 20 percent, the decrease of forest fires and the designation of new protected areas are among the achievements of Artemisa province.
- Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro fulfills busy agenda in Cuba
- Raul Castro expresses full confidence in Miguel Diaz Canel
- Congratulations continue pouring in on election of Miguel Díaz-Canel as Cuba's President
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez elected Cuba's New President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3594
- today: 2216
- online: 96
- total: 4600117