Havana, June 5 (RHC) -– Today, June 5th, Cubans throughout the country are celebrating World Environment Day with a series of cultural and academic events.
The main event for the date was held in the province of Artemisa, where several personalities and organizations were recognized for their contribution to environmental preservation and the promotion of social responsibility regarding the environment. The western Cuban province was selected this year to host the festivities due to its leading efforts and achievements in this sphere, a government official said.
The increase of forestland areas by 20 percent, the decrease of forest fires and the designation of new protected areas are among the achievements of Artemisa province.
- Spain and Cuba for expanded relations and cooperation
- Cuban scholar: The blockade is a whole system of laws, regulations and restrictions passed by the US government
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3752
- today: 2680
- online: 113
- total: 5262208