Havana, June 16 (RHC)-- The 22nd International Symposium on Heart Surgery concluded Tuesday in Havana. During the event, more than one hundred delegates debated surgical coronary revascularization and other related issues.
Participants at the event included Spanish experts Carlos Macaya and Andrés Iñiguez, with Universidad Complutense of Madrid. The Spanish experts gave master lectures on myocardial revascularization, atrial fibrillation treatment and risks of internal bleeding.
Other issues extensively debated included epidemiology of cardiovascular disease and radiation protection of patients with heart disorders.
Delegates at the event also learned first-hand about Cuba's achievements in the field, particularly the Cuban Heart Surgery Research Center.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 3496
- online: 142
- total: 4841940