Havana, June 16 (RHC)-- The 22nd International Symposium on Heart Surgery concluded Tuesday in Havana. During the event, more than one hundred delegates debated surgical coronary revascularization and other related issues.
Participants at the event included Spanish experts Carlos Macaya and Andrés Iñiguez, with Universidad Complutense of Madrid. The Spanish experts gave master lectures on myocardial revascularization, atrial fibrillation treatment and risks of internal bleeding.
Other issues extensively debated included epidemiology of cardiovascular disease and radiation protection of patients with heart disorders.
Delegates at the event also learned first-hand about Cuba's achievements in the field, particularly the Cuban Heart Surgery Research Center.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 2922
- online: 169
- total: 6653987