Havana, June 16 (RHC)-- The 22nd International Symposium on Heart Surgery concluded Tuesday in Havana. During the event, more than one hundred delegates debated surgical coronary revascularization and other related issues.
Participants at the event included Spanish experts Carlos Macaya and Andrés Iñiguez, with Universidad Complutense of Madrid. The Spanish experts gave master lectures on myocardial revascularization, atrial fibrillation treatment and risks of internal bleeding.
Other issues extensively debated included epidemiology of cardiovascular disease and radiation protection of patients with heart disorders.
Delegates at the event also learned first-hand about Cuba's achievements in the field, particularly the Cuban Heart Surgery Research Center.
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Cuba presents business opportunities in oil and energy sector
- Fidel: The Caribbean is an example of how peoples and governments can work together united by culture, history and common interests
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Ireland, a stone in the brexit shoe
- Havana hosts conference on climate change vulnerability and resilience in the Caribbean
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2823
- today: 2956
- online: 122
- total: 5417016