Havana, June 17 (RHC-GRANMA)-- The Caribbean Tourism Organization, in its most recent report, has announced that Cuba continues to occupy the Number Two spot among destinations in the region, preceded only by the Dominican Republic -- and the difference between the two has diminished.
In 2014, Cuba received 3,001,958 visitors and the Dominican Republic 5,141,377. During the first three months of 2015, Cuba attracted 1,135,610 tourists, as compared to the Dominican Republic’s 1,499,402.
Canada, with 551,360 visitors during this period, continues to be Cuba’s most important tourist market, a position favored recently with agreements signed to increase the frequency of flights and improve connection options.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3909
- today: 3890
- online: 128
- total: 4481479