Havana, June 17 (RHC-GRANMA)-- The Caribbean Tourism Organization, in its most recent report, has announced that Cuba continues to occupy the Number Two spot among destinations in the region, preceded only by the Dominican Republic -- and the difference between the two has diminished.
In 2014, Cuba received 3,001,958 visitors and the Dominican Republic 5,141,377. During the first three months of 2015, Cuba attracted 1,135,610 tourists, as compared to the Dominican Republic’s 1,499,402.
Canada, with 551,360 visitors during this period, continues to be Cuba’s most important tourist market, a position favored recently with agreements signed to increase the frequency of flights and improve connection options.
- Ambassador: “Bolivia is the Consecration of Indigenous People's Dream of Liberation, Decolonization”
- Second Stage of General Elections Underway in Cuba
- Israel Throws New Challenge to the International Community
- Cuba Holds President Donald Trump Responsible for Setback in Bilateral Migratory Relations
- Pope Francisco Returns to Latin America
- Cuban and U.S. Representatives Hold Meeting on Cyber-security and the Fight against Cyber-crimes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4472
- today: 1574
- online: 201
- total: 4222140