Sancti Spiritus, June 22 (RHC)-- Workers with the Cuban Railway Union are hard at work to restore an over-two-kilometer stretch of railroad tracks severely damaged after a cargo train derailed on Saturday in the locality of Cabaiguan, central Sancti Spiritus province.
Local emergency forces are recovering nearly 300 tons of cement from the cars of the derailed train, and despite irreparable damage, the cargo will be recovered in full, the transportation ministry reported.
The accident, whose cause has not yet been revealed, occurred as five of 18 cars being transported from central Cienfuegos to eastern Bayamo derailed. No one was injured in the accident, although considerable material damage was reported on the train and railroad tracks.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 4067
- online: 202
- total: 4100022