Havana, June 26 (RHC) -- China and Cuba, on the occasion of Chinese Vice Premier Wang Yang's current visit in Cuba on Thursday, pledged efforts to enhance bilateral cooperation in line with the agreements reached between the two countries last year.
Cuba is willing to work with China to implement the agreements on deepening bilateral ties, said Ricardo Cabrisas, Vice President of Cuba's Council of Ministers, after a meeting with Yang on Thursday.
He pinpointed key sectors for future cooperation, including bio-tech, pharmacy, agriculture, manufacture, energy and tourism.
Wang and Cabrisas witnessed the signing of an economic and technical cooperation agreement after their meeting.
"This agreement reaffirms China as one of Cuba's strategic partners in fulfilling the 2016-2020 national development programs," said Ileana Nunez, Cuba's Deputy Minister of Foreign Trade and Investment.
- Victor Gaute: Cuba denounces the United States for adopting measures aimed at hindering everyday life in the Caribbean state
- Frei Betto: I believe the socialist project clearly corresponds to what Martí said when he spoke of Motherland as Humanity
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #61
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- Visit Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 9620
- today: 8704
- online: 266
- total: 7101417