Havana, June 26 (RHC) -- China and Cuba, on the occasion of Chinese Vice Premier Wang Yang's current visit in Cuba on Thursday, pledged efforts to enhance bilateral cooperation in line with the agreements reached between the two countries last year.
Cuba is willing to work with China to implement the agreements on deepening bilateral ties, said Ricardo Cabrisas, Vice President of Cuba's Council of Ministers, after a meeting with Yang on Thursday.
He pinpointed key sectors for future cooperation, including bio-tech, pharmacy, agriculture, manufacture, energy and tourism.
Wang and Cabrisas witnessed the signing of an economic and technical cooperation agreement after their meeting.
"This agreement reaffirms China as one of Cuba's strategic partners in fulfilling the 2016-2020 national development programs," said Ileana Nunez, Cuba's Deputy Minister of Foreign Trade and Investment.
- RHC's Corner Taken Quickly
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 13
- Miguel Diaz-Canel: None of the measures we are implementing are improvised
- RHC's segment Notes on the Revolution Column #5 Sept. 13
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show Sept. 13
- Cuba will never renounce its solidarity with Venezuela
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2914
- today: 2707
- online: 145
- total: 6367274