Havana, June 26 (RHC) –- Cuban President Raul Castro has received Chinese Vice Premier Wang Yang, who is paying an official visit to Cuba as part of a Latin American tour.
According to an official account published in this morning's edition of the daily newspaper Granma, the leaders met Thursday afternoon and praised the excellent state of relations in all areas between China and Cuba. They also congratulated each other on the celebration of the 55th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations.
The distinguished Chinese visitor was accompanied by Zhang Yesui, Chinese Deputy Minister of Foreign Relations, Yu Yue, Counselor of the Latin America and Caribbean Office of the Foreign Affairs Ministry and Zhang Tuo, Chinese ambassador to Cuba.
Wang's visit, which coincides with the 55th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Beijing and Havana, aims to cement the agreements reached between Chinese and Cuban leaders and to produce tangible results on the basis of sound bilateral political relations.
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.20
- Cuban diplomat unmasks US agents before EU Parliament
- Imperialism and Revolution Episode #27
- RHC's special broadcast on the Cuban health system and the country's international health cooperation
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.17
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8346
- today: 7199
- online: 215
- total: 7327751