Santiago de Cuba, July 9 (RHC) –- The 35th Caribbean Festival or Fire Fest closes on Thursday after six days full of activities, with the participation of over 1,000 guests from 42 countries.
The festival closing includes a tour by participants along main streets and a ceremony at a centrally located square where they will officiate the burning of the Devil, a tradition wishing to scare away evil spirits and the celebration of a better festival next year.
As part of activities today, the “Caribbean that Unites Us” international forum will come to an end after holding debates on cultural tourism and its international impact, issues related to culinary heritage and others.
The ceremony will also call the 36 Feast of Fire next year with Costa Rica as guest of honor.
This year's festival was dedicated to the 500th anniversary of the founding of eastern Santiago de Cuba, a date to be marked on July 25th.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3214
- today: 181
- online: 121
- total: 5252731