Santiago de Cuba, July 9 (RHC) –- The 35th Caribbean Festival or Fire Fest closes on Thursday after six days full of activities, with the participation of over 1,000 guests from 42 countries.
The festival closing includes a tour by participants along main streets and a ceremony at a centrally located square where they will officiate the burning of the Devil, a tradition wishing to scare away evil spirits and the celebration of a better festival next year.
As part of activities today, the “Caribbean that Unites Us” international forum will come to an end after holding debates on cultural tourism and its international impact, issues related to culinary heritage and others.
The ceremony will also call the 36 Feast of Fire next year with Costa Rica as guest of honor.
This year's festival was dedicated to the 500th anniversary of the founding of eastern Santiago de Cuba, a date to be marked on July 25th.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 1813
- online: 164
- total: 4089013