Havana, July 18 (Prensa Latina)-- Increased access of the population and educational and health centers to the Internet is one of the Cuban strategies aimed at the computerization of society, said Deputy Minister of Communications Jose Luis Perdomo.
During the 10th Congress of the Young Communist League of Cuba (UJC), Perdomo told the delegates about the country's projects regarding the development of new technologies and access to them, planned for 2020.
Perdomo said that technological obsolescence, the low level of research and development in this sector and the high cost of the services are some of the challenges that the process must overcome.
He added that now there is wireless access to Internet (WiFi) in 35 areas and some three million people using such connection. However, he said that prices are still very high, so efforts continue to promote a better price/services ratio.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5771
- today: 4149
- online: 147
- total: 6622246