Washington, July 23 (RHC) –- Cubans and Americans are ready to move forward after the reestablishment of bilateral relations, even though both countries still remain politically distant, said an article published in the White House's blog in Spanish.
According to the blog entry, the opening of embassies last Monday concluded an essential phase in the process of normalization of diplomatic relations between both neighbors after more than 50 years of rupture.
“Americans and Cubans alike are ready to move on,” according to the blog. However, it highlighted: “The differences between our governments run deep.”
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3948
- today: 3258
- online: 117
- total: 4833992