Havana, July 31 (RHC) -- A group of U.S. youngsters, members of the 46th Contingent of the Venceremos Brigade, expressed their satisfaction to have come to Cuba and learn about everyday life on the island.
They arrived in Cuba on July 19th, and have been visiting places of historic and cultural interest in the province of Sancti Spiritus since Wednesday.
Interviewed by Cuban reporters, the young Americans praised Cuba's advances in areas such as health care and education, adding that U.S. media reports of so-called “extreme poverty and anguish” experienced in Cuba were simply not true.
The brigade members also called for the lifting of the U.S. economic blockade of Cuba which they said hindered the progress of the Cuban people in many areas.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 12443
- today: 798
- online: 226
- total: 7019648