Quito, November 22 (RHC)-- Young Cubans who are working in Ecuador will join Cuba´s delegation to the Eighteenth World Festival of Youth and Students, to be held from December 7th to the 13th.
A Group of 46 young Cuban delegates selected at the work centers in Ecuador met this Thursday in the city of Latacunga, capital of the Cotopaxi Province, with members of the International Organizing Committee of the World event, which for the first time will take place in Ecuador.
The meeting was held at the Ecuadorean-Cuban Eye Clinic named after Ecuadorean National Hero Eloy Alfaro and staffed by Cuban ophthalmologists.
Yeilin Vento, a member of the Cuban delegation, a physician specializing in Ophthalmology, told the meeting about the pride and satisfaction that all Cubans feel in attending the landmark youth festival.
She also reported that the meeting of the extent of Cuban medical cooperation with Ecuador, which has contributed, since the year two thousand and six, to the solution and/or elimination of diseases and to the medical welfare of all segments of the Ecuadorean population.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 28
- Yusuam Palacios: we must continue learning from José Martí to confront and overcome the problems humanity faces today
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #62
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 27
- 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz: Ksenia Olkhova, a survivor of the Nazis concentration camp, shares her story
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11638
- today: 10968
- online: 208
- total: 7115319