La Paz, August 4 (RHC) -– Bolivian President Evo Morales has announced that he will visit Fidel Castro in Havana on August 13th, when the Cuban Revolution leader turns 89 years old.
“On August 13, I will travel to Cuba, although some media outlets and opposition members may be upset with it. I will travel there due to my friendship with Fidel, who is living one more year,” said Evo Morales in a news conference at the Government Palace, quoted by BoliviaTV channel.
Morales said that the presidents of the countries with the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our America regional integration block are organizing visits to see the Cuban Revolution leader.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4312
- today: 503
- online: 114
- total: 4370828