Havana, August 5 (RHC-PL) -- The Russian embassy in Cuba has announced several cultural activities to give continuity to the celebration this year of the 55th anniversary of the restoration of relations between the two countries.
The First Counselor of the Russian embassy Andrey Mitrofanov highlighted the tribute that will be held on August 7th to the great opera singer Mariana de Gonitch, a Russian living here in Cuba since 1940 and founder of the first singing academy, and teacher of the greatest generation of Cuban opera singers.
According to Mitrofanov, a week of Russian cinema will be held in late September in Havana, while in October artists of the European country will participate in the upcoming Festival of Theater of Havana, including the leading composer Stas Namin, winner of the International Album Award 2015.
The major music event in the Caribbean nation was dedicated this year to Russia as guest of honor.
The official said that some Russian publishing houses will participate in the next edition of the International Book Fair, scheduled for February 2016.
- Cuba Holds President Donald Trump Responsible for Setback in Bilateral Migratory Relations
- Pope Francisco Returns to Latin America
- Cuban and U.S. Representatives Hold Meeting on Cyber-security and the Fight against Cyber-crimes
- Cuba Celebrates National Science Day
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4318
- today: 4098
- online: 202
- total: 4215380