Havana, August 18 (RHC) -– Cuban President Raul Castro met on Monday afternoon with the Archbishop of Havana, Cardinal Jaime Ortega.
The meeting focused on preparations here in Havana for the visit of His Holiness Pope Francis next month and on relations between the Cuban State and the Catholic Church.
Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez and City Historian Eusebio Leal were also present at the meeting between the Cuban president and the Archbishop of Havana.
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 18
- With Alicia's death, the dance community has lost a genuine and true icon
- Notes on the Revolution / Column 20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 17
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4040
- today: 3409
- online: 125
- total: 6501869